Opened in 1991, Cuyahoga County Public Library's Administration Building is located on a nine-acre campus in the City of Parma. The building functions as the library system's administrative headquarters. Its central location and proximity to interstate highways helps ensure the speedy delivery of materials to CCPL branches.
The CCPL Bay Village Branch features a rooftop terrace with a view of Lake Erie, two cozy fireplace seating areas, an interactive children's play, learn and grow space, study rooms and public meetings spaces.
The Beachwood Branch first opened to the public on October 31, 1982. At the time, it was the first branch in the CCPL system to have an automated circulation system. Located just a few hundred yards from the Maltz Museum of Jewish Heritage, the branch offers a drive-up window where customers can pick up requested materials, dedicated spaces for kids and teens, and a beautiful outdoor reading garden.
The Bedford Branch (formerly known as the Southeast Branch) became the fourth branch to join Cuyahoga County Public Library in 1924. A groundbreaking for the current 14,617-square-foot building took place in 1990 and the building was formally dedicated a year later.
Opened in 1924, the Berea Branch was the third branch to join the Cuyahoga County Public Library system. It was initially housed in City Hall from 1924-1939 and then a small storefront in 1957 before moving to a standalone building. The branch is located adjacent to beautiful Coe Lake Park.
The Brecksville Branch is conveniently located across the street from the Brecksville Community Center and the Kids Quarters playground area. In 2006, the branch suffered extensive flood damage that required the building to be closed for nearly six months while repairs were made. The newly remodeled building reopened on January 14, 2007.
CCPL's popular toy collection got its start as a special collection located in the Brooklyn Branch. The collection was housed exclusively at the Brooklyn Branch from 1992 until 2007, when access was expanded throughout the county. Today, anyone with a CCPL library card can request toys from the collection and have them delivered to the CCPL branch of their choice for pick-up.
The Chagrin Falls Branch Branch traces its roots all the way back to 1921, when a group of women formed the Chagrin Falls Memorial Association. After selling 44 shares of stock for $10 a piece, the women rented a room on the second floor of a building to support a library service. The branch joined the Cuyahoga County Public Library system in 1924.
The Fairview Park Branch originally operated out of a small storefront on Lorain Road. Today, the building is large enough to support a book capacity of 147,000 volumes and features a beautiful travel-themed children’s area complete with a miniature Eiffel Tower and airplanes.
The Garfield Heights Branch is home to a green screen video recording and audio recording studio where visitors can make videos and record CDs for personal or business use.
The branch also features an Innovation Center with access to 3D printing and a variety of fabrication equipment that can be used to create product prototypes, signage, crafts and more!
The Gates Mills Branch became a part of the Cuyahoga County Public Library system in 1948. At the time, the branch operated out of the Southwick House, a former residence that was converted into a historic site. The branch’s current home is a 3,500-square-foot building that is the cornerstone of the Gates Mills downtown revitalization.
The Independence Branch began as a collection operated out of City Hall. After outgrowing that space, the library moved into its own facility and since 1992 the branch has been a part of the city’s municipal complex that includes a recreational facility and senior center.
The Maple Heights Branch serves as the headquarters for Aspire Greater Cleveland, a nonprofit organization that provides free comprehensive adult education services in Cleveland and throughout Cuyahoga County in collaboration with Cleveland Public Library, Cuyahoga County government and Cuyahoga County Public Library, with support from the Ohio Department of Education’s Aspire program. Pearson Vue testing services are also offered at this location.
The Maple Heights Branch is also home to The Centers for Families and Children’s Debra Ann November Early Learning Center, the first early learning center to be located inside a public library in the State of Ohio.
The Mayfield Branch has a children’s area that features oversized artwork from the book In the Small, Small Pond by Denise Fleming. Interactive stations encourage children to explore the wonders of the natural world.
The branch is home to an Innovation Center that offers access to 3D printing and Adobe design software. A bike lending program starts each spring!
First opened in 1969, the Middleburg Heights Branch branch moved into a new building in 2018, which features public meeting rooms, a special sensory friendly children’s area, quiet study rooms and a full-service drive-up window.
In 1829, Charles Hyde Olmsted promised to donate 500 books from his father’s collection if the residents agreed to change the name of their town from Lenox to Olmsted. They did and the books traveled by oxcart and were housed in individual residents’ homes while being circulated. The “Oxcart Library” is thought to be the first circulating public library in the Western Reserve.
Located on Wallings Road, just east of State Road adjacent to the North Royalton Family YMCA, the North Royalton Branch features a full-service drive-up window, community meeting spaces and a beautiful nature-themed children’s area.
For 15 years until 1955, the Olmsted Falls Branch was located in Town Hall and shared a room with the Village Council in the Police Department. After later operating out of a 3,100-square-foot frame cottage donated by the Olmsted Community Church, the library moved to a site provided by the city and designed specifically for library use. Today, the branch offers a full-service drive-up window, community meeting space and cozy reading areas.
Located in Pepper Pike, the Orange Branch offers a cozy fireplace reading area, community meeting spaces and a full service drive-up window. The branch’s interactive children’s area features artwork from the book Aesop’s Fables by the late beloved illustrator Jerry Pinkney as well as an intricate display dollhouse that was donated by the Morgan sisters, three long-time library supporters.
Known for its distinctive futurist look, the Parma Heights Branch is located on city-owned property near the Parma Heights Pool and Greenbriar Commons. Designed in the Googie style by John Lipaj, the branch opened to the public on June 17, 1963.
This branch is a a Greater Cleveland Food Bank Kids Cafe location.
Located across from University Hospitals Parma Medical Center and adjacent to city hall, the Parma-Powers Branch offers a full service drive-up window, community meeting spaces and an interactive children’s area featuring artwork by beloved writer/illustrator Rosemary Wells.
The Parma-Snow Branch is home to the Sari Feldman Auditorium, a flexible, state-of-the-art venue for theatrical groups, recitals, concerts, meetings, speaker presentations, wedding receptions and other group events.
Connected to CCPL’s administrative headquarters, the Parma-Snow Branch also features a full-service drive-up window and an Innovation Center where visitors can access 3D printing, large format printing and a variety of equipment for home-based arts and crafts businesses.
This branch is a Greater Cleveland Food Bank Kids Cafe location.
The Richmond Heights Branch is the only branch in the Cuyahoga County Public Library system co-located with a school. Opened in August 2021, the branch is connected to the Richmond Heights Upper School, but has its own dedicated entrance, allowing the general public to access the branch seven days a week.
Located adjacent to Solon Community Park, the Solon Branch offers community meeting spaces, public computer stations and dedicated areas for children and teens.
The South Euclid-Lyndhurst Branch is home to the William N. Skirball Writers’ Center as well as the Jack, Joseph & Morton Mandel Memory Lab, a free DIY space where you can transfer old videos, audio recordings, photos and slides to digital formats. Other building features include an audio recording studio and children’s play area inspired by the book Journey by Aaron Becker.
TRAVEL ALERT for 2023:
A City of South Euclid road resurfacing project on South Green Road between Mayfield Road and Cedar Road will result in travel delays through late fall 2023. Please plan your travel accordingly.
Grassroots library service in Strongsville dates back to 1881, when 400 books were located in the Town Hall. More than 120 years later, the Strongsville Branch of CCPL is home to the Kathleen Cochrane DePiero Recording Studio where visitors can make their own tracks, green screen videos, podcasts or audiobook recordings for free!
The Warrensville Heights Branch offers community meetings spaces, a full service drive-up window, an audio recording studio and a beautiful children’s area featuring artwork from the book Let It Shine by beloved writer/illustrator Ashley Bryan.